Sunday, July 15, 2018

Week 3

On the third week of the program, I was able to find spare wood the team could use for the assembly of the track expansion. With the spare wood in mind, I was able to cut down the cost of the track by around ~$200, which was necessary I felt. There was a lot of plywood in the back, a lot of 2x4 wooden pieces, and some 4x4 beams.

For the first half of the week was mostly finalizing and sending out the BoM as soon as possible, so there was a lot of spare time during those days. During the said free time, I thought and discussed about the manufacturing phase more intently with my other group members. I also used this time to do/redo some of my calculations to ensure they are correct.

The last half of the week, the team started manufacturing what we could during those days. I worked mostly on the mold to help the team kerf the wooden track on the upcoming Monday. I pretty much measured the arc by estimating the points using SolidWorks, and measured it on the wooden planks we had on the back. Once all the pieces were cut, I glued and clamped the pieces of planks together, and left it to dry over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment